Senior Backend Developer (Elixir / Erlang / OTP)
Qixxit is the ideal partner for many thousands of people every day: always the best transport connections for the best price, convenient, integrated, real-time and safe. With more than 18 partners Qixxit covers the most options in Germany for both local transport and intercity travellers.
Are you ready for a once-in-a-lifetime challenge? You’ll be responsible for the design and development of a brand new version of the Qixxit app with a redefined UX, fresh content and unique features.
If you are passionate about what you do, then get in touch. We are passionate about what we do. Every single day. And we are pretty funny too.
Our main investor is Deutsche Bahn AG.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will work in our backend team on creating a backend for the Qixxit apps and websites. The backend will integrate transport company’s APIs, raw transit data (i.e. GTFS), geographic and user generated data and will calculate intermodal routes for our customers.
As an experienced developer you have
- Solid knowledge in functional programming and cloud-native development
- A proven track of successful backend services in high-traffic environments
- In-depth knowledge of test-driven development, HTTP and Restful web services
- Experience in defining great APIs and continuously pushing them into production
- Enthusiasm for agile methods and devops practices
- Passion! Your job is not only your job!
- No fear about debating a range of topics due to your experiences, books you read, conferences you attended and experimentation
- Excellent spoken and written English, German is not a must (we will help you learn it though if you want - das wird super, genau)
- Work on a unique mobility product that millions of people will use every day
- Join a team of passionate people keen on learning constantly new things
- Use the best tools and methods out there with the equipment you are most comfortable with
- Educational and Conference Budget for your self-development
- Almost no hierarchies and quick decision-making process
- The usual suspects: an attractive compensation package, Employee Stock Options, an amazing office in Berlin-Mitte with our very own beer tap, free drinks & food,...
- Work and live in Europe’s most creative city
Shape the future of mobility with us!